(Tea Party PAC) – A man who survived the Benghazi terror attack is slamming Susan Rice for her absurd claim that the Trump administration is “misrepresenting the facts” about a recent airstrike.
Former US Marine and member of the Benghazi Annex Security team, Mark Geist said that former National Security Adviser Rice has “zero integrity” after she claimed that she didn’t trust the Trump administration to tell the truth about the drone strike which eliminated Quds Force commander Qasem Soleimani in Iraq on Friday.
“This administration sadly, tragically, has a record of almost-daily misrepresenting the facts — telling falsehoods about issues big and very small,” Rice told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on Friday. “So, it’s hard to have confidence on the face at their representation.”
"I am doubtful that ultimately it will prove to be the right thing," says former national security adviser Susan Rice about President Trump's decision to order a US airstrike that killed Iranian general Qasem Soleimani. https://t.co/47nkJMu14i pic.twitter.com/LLSdDNASzL
— CNN (@CNN) January 4, 2020
“Might that be how we characterize her going on the Sunday shows and talking about what happened in the event that you were a part of,” Fox News host Pete Hegseth said to Geist on “Fox & Friends: Weekend” Saturday, referencing RIce’s interviews after the 2012 attacks on Libya which left four Americans dead.
“She pretty much has zero integrity in my book,” Geist replied.
“It’s typical tactics from the Democrats,” he added. “They’re going to bring out their standard-bearer, just like they did in Benghazi.”
Hegseth asked Geist to react to Rice’s accusations against Trump when she had claimed that the Benghazi attack happened because of a protest over an internet video.
“First off, I mean, when has a protest ever occurred at night and, I mean, most protests they don’t typically bring AK-47s, belt-fed machine guns, and RPGs. That’s somebody planning an attack and they knew it,” Geist responded.
“They knew it when she went out on the speaking circuit that Sunday,” he continued. “But, instead of telling the truth she wanted to tell lies because she had to say what the administration at the time wanted.”
Hegseth wondered if Rice would succeed in getting away with it and never being held accountable for her lies.
Geist agreed that Blitzer was “letting her skate” just as other media outlets had done.
“Well, Wolf Blitzer sitting there putting her back on to talk about something that has to do with integrity is letting her skate one more time instead of asking her the questions he should,” he said.
In a separate interview, Rice told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow that if the Obama administration had “been presented such an opportunity, what we would have done is weigh very carefully and very deliberately the risks versus the potential rewards.”
Susan Rice: "The Obama administration was not presented with an opportunity by our intelligence community or by the U.S. military to strike Qassem Soleimani." pic.twitter.com/y0CrcnfLvw
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) January 4, 2020
“So, if in fact the administration can be believed that there was indeed strong intelligence of an imminent threat against the United States that’s being carried out by Soleimani and related militia then the question becomes [was] there more than one way to address that threat?” she asked Maddow.
“Was the only way to deal with it to kill Soleimani? Certainly, given his history and track record, he deserves his just rewards but the question is does that serve our interests? Does that make us more secure?” she went on.
Meanwhile, the Pentagon was clear that Soleimani had been “developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq” and the Middle East region.
“We took action last night to stop a war,” Trump said Friday. “We did not take action to start a war.”
— Conservative News (@BIZPACReview) January 4, 2020
“There’s a lot of people out there, Hillary Clinton included, that have skated on being held accountable,” Geist told Hegseth.
He also noted that if Trump had been commander-in-chief at the time of the Benghazi attack, it “would have been a whole lot better” and there would have been a “whole lot more support.”
“If President Trump had been in office during Benghazi, we wouldn’t have lost four Americans,” Geist said.
Featured image credit: Gage Skidmore – flickr.com/photos/gageskidmore/25674033197