(Tea Party PAC) – The Democrats are desperate as Trump’s planned trip to the US/Mexico border grows nearer, and so they’re sending their progressive golden boy, Beto O’Rourke, to lead a counter-rally protest of border security and the wall.
From the AP:
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Beto O’Rourke will lead a march through his hometown of El Paso, Texas, to protest a border wall at the same time President Donald Trump will be holding a rally there to promote it.
O’Rourke is teaming with dozens of civic and human rights organizations for a Monday evening event he says will counter the spreading of “lies and a false narrative about the U.S.-Mexico border.
The AP conspicuously fails to mention who, exactly, the “dozens of civic and human rights organizations” are, casting doubt upon their credibility.
Unsurprisingly, Beto doesn’t care too much for walls or border security for that matter.
“Not only that, but walls and militarization of the border have resulted in the deaths of thousands of migrants, including children. We are pushing desperate families to cross in ever more hostile terrain,” he tweeted.
Not only that, but walls and militarization of the border have resulted in the deaths of thousands of migrants, including children. We are pushing desperate families to cross in ever more hostile terrain. We are ensuring greater suffering and death.https://t.co/8v5NKNzQ8H
— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) February 6, 2019
Hey Beto? Desperate drug dealers and human traffickers are having a hard time crossing into our border, too.
Here are just some of his demands from an article he posted about border security. He’s apparently trying to compete with AOC for the craziest progressive leader in America 2019.
1. Extend citizenship to the more than one million Dreamers in this country. Not only those who are in our classrooms but those who are teaching in our classrooms; those who are keeping our country safe around the world tonight; those who contribute more to our communities than they’ll ever take
2. Give permanent legal protection and a path to citizenship to their parents, the original Dreamers.
3. Bring millions more out of the shadows and on a path to citizenship by ensuring that they register with the government and gain status to legally work, pay taxes and contribute even more to our country’s success.
4. Make us safer and more secure. Significantly reduce illegal drug trafficking and stop human trafficking by investing in infrastructure, technology and personnel at our ports of entry. The ports that connect us with Mexico are where the vast majority of everything and everyone that ever comes into our country crosses.
5. Increase the visa caps so that we match our opportunities and needs (for work, for education, for investment, for innovation, for family reunification) to the number of people we allow into this country. Ensure that those who want to work in jobs that we can’t fill can legally come here and legally return to their home country.
6. Fully accept our opportunity and responsibility under our asylum laws to welcome those whose own governments can no longer protect them — including women fleeing abusive relationships.