(Tea Party PAC) – Former Acting Director of the FBI, Andrew McCabe, will not in fact be facing criminal charges for his crooked leaks to the media, it was reported Friday afternoon.
DOJ tells former Acting Director of the FBI Andrew McCabe that it will not pursue charges against him. pic.twitter.com/imAyjZs9Nq
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) February 14, 2020
The Department of Justice released a letter Friday explaining that they will not be pursuing charges for the infamous Deep Stater who played a role in the frame-up of President Donald Trump.
In the letter to McCabe’s lawyers, J.P. Cooney and Molly Gaston, two officials at the DOJ’s Fraud & Public Corruption Section, wrote that “after careful consideration, the Government has decided not to pursue criminal charges against your client, Andrew G. McCabe.”
McCabe had been under investigation, rightfully so, for reports that he’d lied to FBI agents in 2017 who were investigating a leak to the Wall Street Journal which he had allegedly authorized.
The Washington Post reported that a grand jury had been impaneled for the case in 2018. Breitbart’s Joshua Caplan wrote:
In April, Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s long-awaited report concluded McCabe made false statements to U.S. officials on at least four occasions and improperly disclosed information to then-Wall Street Journal reporter Devlin Barrett “to advance his personal interests over those of the Justice Department.”
McCabe went on CNN after the news broke, to bemoan how “traumatic” the experience had been for his family.
“As glad as I am that the DOJ and the DC attorney’s office finally decided to do the right thing today, it’s an absolute disgrace that they took two years and put my family through this experience for two years before they finally drew the obvious conclusion,” he said.
Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe after the DOJ dropped its criminal investigation: "It's an absolute disgrace that they took two years — and put my family through this experience for two years — before they finally drew the obvious conclusion" https://t.co/TpGnL4ziim pic.twitter.com/7Z4GhVeKjF
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) February 14, 2020
In a statement, two of McCabe’s defense lawyers proclaimed that: “At long last, justice has been done in this matter.”
Today, our was informed that the government will not pursue criminal charges against Andrew McCabe. "At long last, justice has been done in this matter." pic.twitter.com/2rTOlse1Oo
— Melissa Schwartz (@MSchwartz3) February 14, 2020
FBI documents revealed via a FOIA lawsuit earlier in January that the agents had been frustrated with McCabe for wasting their time following other leads after he had denied involvement in the WSJ leak.
“I remember saying to him, at, I said, ‘Sir, you understand that we’ve put a lot of work into this based on what you told us,’” the agent said.
“I mean, and I even said, long nights and weekends working on this, trying to find out who amongst your ranks of trusted people would, would do something like that.’ And he kind of just looked down, kind of nodded, and said ‘Yeah I’m sorry.”